Monday, April 20, 2009

This and that.

It has been a while since I have posted. We have been very busy. We had Easter and our annual Lads to Leaders Convention. Our kids did great. Mary was upset, becaue she didn't place n anything. I just told her that not all will place and she will need to work a little harder next time. She was mostly upset, because the judge over her Bible Bowl team told them they made the top 8. We found out later that they did not make the top 8 and it really upset the whole team.
I just found out Sunday that I hurt a friends feelings and totally did not mean to. I am one who absolutely hates to hurt someone's feelings, so when I do it really bothers me. I am this way because I know exactly how it feels and don't want to do that to others. I have friends whoi get together and go do things as a group and I am not invited. This is why I try my best not to leave someone out. I recently had a few girls over to watch Twilight. It ended up being me and one oher lady. I didn't even think to invite someone and ended uo hurting her feelings. This was totally unintentional and I would never try to exclude someone or hurt them. When I saw that I had hurt her feelings I felt really bad. I am almost always left out and know how it hurts, so I try to not do it to anyone. I am not perfect s I mess up sometimes. I can only ask she forgives me and try not to do it again. I am sorry for hurting your feelings, you know who you are. I didn't want to say your name in case you didn't want to be named. I do love you and want to spend time with you and I will remember you next time.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Christy, you are so sweet. No one ever means to leave you out I'm sure. I think sometimes we all feel like that. I know I have too. I love you very very very much!

Jennifer said...

I know exactly how you feel about being left out, so if I have EVER made you feel that way I sincerely apologize. You are one of the kindest, most sincere people I have ever met and I would love to spend more time with you. I appreciate the way you put yourself out there and are really honest about your feelings. I love ya', girl!

Crystal said...

Don't be upset. You can see someone's sincerity and I know that you never intentionally leave people out. You can't invite everyone everywhere. We all have those we are closer to and we tend to do things with those people without having the mind set to be ugly to others.

Teale said...

I know how you feel. I try not to, but I have let myself get down a lot lately because I've felt left out of things. I know there are plenty of people out there (like you) who'd be glad to hang out when I just need some girl time, I should not hesitate to just call them up. I always try to remind myself that I know sometimes it is hard to include everyone, and often unintentionally people's feelings can be hurt. I always feel SO bad if I feel like I've hurt someone's feelings also. I think that makes the "left out" feeling worse sometimes is because we feel like we really do try NOT to do that. Love you!

Anonymous said...

Christy, you and your husband are both soooooooo sweet. About Mary being upset, well I was too. The judge also told my dad they were in the top 8. I know they were disappointed but they all did such a great job and I am so proud of them and all their hard work. I can't wait until next year!