Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Busy Busy Busy as everyone is!

I have been pretty busy lately. I have been going to the track every evening to walk. I also started back in with some intervals of walking 1/2 a lap and then a slow jog for the other 1/2 lap for a total of about 1/2 mile of jogging and then at least 1 1/2 miles or more of walking. I also have been watching the scale to see what the outcome is... it works. It has kept me from gaining anything and I have actually lost. So I will be keeping this up. Last night was Lauren's first time to go with me in a week and the first time since I started in with jogging. She said she was going to kill me, but she did as much as I did. Way to go Lauren. If anyone wants to join us we do it at Corner most every night around 7 or 7:30. Of course not on Wednesday though.
I have been working with Mary on school work to keep her up on what she learned last year so she doesn't have to relearn it in 5 weeks when school starts back. And I have decided to go back to college, yes I already have a degree which I do not use. I am goig to be going to Bevill this Fall for Secondary Ed. I went and took my placement test yesterday and did really well. In reading the highest score you can make is a 99 I made a 96 andEnglish highest is 99 I made a 94. The math had about 5 different numbers so I am not totally sure what my score was, but the lady told me it was good and I placed in the math class just below Pre-Cal. So I guess that is good since I would not want to start in Pre-cal my first class back in many years. Also I learned that there is a possibility, now that Lawson has taken over Bessemer, that my classes I took back then, may transfer. And if they do then I will not have to take alot of the beginning classes and it won't take me as long to get my degree. Keep you fingers crossed that they transfer.
Home has been busy and wonderful. The kiddos are getting along alot better, knock on wood. Maybe it was the full moon or something that made then argue and fight alot last week.
Hope all have a wonderful week. God bless you all.

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

YAY! I am so glad you rocked on your test. I knew you would. You are such a good mommy to be working with ME like that. You don't know how many parents don't realize how much a child loses over the summer. And nice work with the intervals. It really blasts calories.

Randal, Belinda and Caylee-Grace said...

Way to go Christy! Glad you did good on the test! Congrats on the intervals and slow jogging. Keep up the good work. Maybe soon I can meet ya'll up at the track and walk with ya'll.

SarahBeth Pate said...

ME's hair looks great:)