Saturday, May 31, 2008

Gatlinburg get away




We went to Gatlinburg this past week. We had a lot of fun. We went to Cades Cove and saw all the homes of the early settlers and took pictures. The kids had a blast seeing all the turkeys and deer. We didn't get to see any bears, but Christopher and I almost got bit by a snake. We walked right up on him and I jerked Christopher backwards away from it. It about gave me a heart attack. It raised up like it was getting ready to strike, but we got away and it went back into the woods. That was all of the woods business for me. I told Barry I wasn't walking back into the woods any more that day. Luckily that was the last one in the woods. Also for all those scrapbookers I found a big scrapbook clearance center and bought lots of stuff. Yes I can find scrapbook stores anywhere I go.

3 comments:

Randal, Belinda and Caylee-Grace said...

I know you had a great time. I just love the mountains. My favorite play and we love to go to Cades Cove. I can't wait to take the new baby to check out the turkey and deer.

Katie said...

That makes me want to go right now! I am glad ya'll had a great time.

Katie said...

BTW, I am in LOVE with that scrapbook store! I spend hours on end in there. I would make the trip right now to shop if gas wasn't an arm & a leg! :0)