13 years ago today I married my very best friend. It was one of the best decisions that I ever made. Also 13 years ago this past week Hurricane Opal hit the Panama City area. We were supposed to go to the beach for our honeymoon, but she caused us to have to change directions at the last minute. Our hotel we were to stay in was leveled and the only room that was untouched was the honeymoon suite. We were to stay in that suite. That was amazing to me. It was on the top floor of the hotel and after the hurricane it was on the bottom floor, but untouched. Is that not amazing. Well we had a wonderful wedding and we ended up going to Gatlinburg instead. It was great. We saw bears and dear and old school houses and buildings. Then we returned home to our mobile home in Westwood Mobile Home Park in Adamsville, where we lived for 2 1/2 years. Then we rented a house from Beth and Ralph Monasco for a month or two until we were able to move into the house on Sleepy Hollow Drive in Forestdale. We found out a little before we moved into the house that we were expecting our first child. We were so excited, but that only lasted for about 3 months. We found out when I was about 12 weeks the baby was not growing and I had a miscarriage, but the baby did not come out. They had to do a DNC and remove the baby. This was really difficult for us. Then about 6 months later we found out we were expecting our 2nd child. We then had a beautiful baby girl, Mary Elizabeth in October 1999. She weighed 7 lbs 14 oz and 21 1/2 inches long at 10:11 PM on her exact due date. Then we moved from Forestdale in 2002 to Corner. We then in 2003 had a beautiful baby boy, Christopher Lake in September 2003. He weighed 7 lbs 13 oz and was 21 inches long at 10:11 AM exactly a week late. We have been in Corner now for almost 7 years and plan to stay here for life. We have had our ups and downs, like all relationships, but we have worked through them and have gotten stronger and closer ever time. We have learned to get it out and move on, not to dwell on the bad. It has been a great marriage and I look forward to finding out how the next 100 years turn out for us. I love you Barry with all my heart and look forward to growing old with you. Thank you for the being a great husband and dad. I wouldn't trade you for anyone else.
To all of you who have just started out as a married couple or are in the beginning years, always remember to work out the differences and hold on to the good. The days get better and better with each passing year of a great marriage. I know we look up to those who have been married longer than us and try to follow their lead. Treat each other with respect and don't down them to your friends. They are your mate for life, treat them with that love and respect.
Now we are on to another busy week. Our anniversay today. I sub half a day today and sub all day tomorrow. Then Christopher goes back to school Thursday. The Fire Department is coming to let the children see the fire truck at DFBK Friday. I am making Mary's birthday cake on Friday. We are having her birthday party on Saturday. We get to go to church on Sunday and teach my class. Then Mary is out of school on Monday. Her 9th birthday is Tuesday. And our gospel meeting starts Sunday thru Wednesday. Then the next Saturday is our church family fun day at Tannehill. WHew what a busy two weeks.
Hope all have a wonderful week.
nfhfiwnskjn
8 years ago




3 comments:
Happy Anniversary! Your advice is good for everyone to read. Learn to let go of the bad and not dwell on things can go for ANY situation.
I guess we are famous for inviting the strong winds to our weddings. Luckily, we missed Ivan by 2 days. :)
I hope ya'll have a great anniversary and it sounds like we'll all need a vacation after these next couple weeks. :)
Happy Anniversary! I have missed you this week! I will be back Thursday!
Happy Anniversary!
Post a Comment