Sunday, December 28, 2008

18 Years Ago Early This Morning.....

It was 18 years ago this morning when my life changed forever. Around 1AM my home caught on fire and was a total loss. I also lost my mom and brother in the fire. They were not as lucky as I to be able to get out. I had a few bruises and singed hair, but other than that unharmed, except for emotionally. I was a 16 year old girl who lived with her mom and brother in another state with no other blood relatives around. Of course I ad those who I concidered family and they were great. I called my grandmother around 1:30-2AM to tell her what happened and she came after me. I had to leave my home and friends for a new home and new people. It was really tough, but it has turned out to be great. I would never had met my wonderful husband or had my two wonderful children with him. I also would never had become a member of the church, that I am pretty sure about since I didn't go to church where I lived. I also would never had met any of my wonderful friends here. I just wanted to see if you would say a prayer for my grandmother, Betty Pierce, today. She has a really hard time on this day ever year, she can't sleep well that night or feel at ease. She says it is because it was the ringing phone to tell her the news and she hears the phone ring, when it is not ringing, at the same time I called on this night every year and it bothers her for most of the day. Please keep her in you prayers today. She says t is harder since it was her oldest child and oldest grandchild.
Thank you all for being such great friends. I love you all.

5 comments:

Crystal said...

You and your grandmother are in my thoughts and prayers - especially today. Love you

Kim said...

I can't imagine what you have been through. I am sorry for what happened but I am glad that you are a part of my life here. You are a great person. I love you and I will be praying for you and Ms. Betty. <3

Anonymous said...

You will be in our prayers, what a very strong woman you are with such an amazing talent to give to others. Blessings, Emmy

Randal, Belinda and Caylee-Grace said...

I never knew this. I'm so sorry and I sure will say a prayer or you and your grandmother. You truly are a wonderful example and christian woman. I'm thankful to have you as a sister in Christ and friend. I love you and will be praying for ya'll. I know it doesn't get easier.

Anonymous said...

Oh man! I will be thinking of you. Christy, you are such a special, beautiful lady and I hope you know what an encouragement you are. I love you dearly and will always remember you in my prayers!