Our congregation went to our annual Lads to Leaders convention this past weekend in Nashville at the Opryland Hotel. We had a wonderful time. Lots of fun, walking, visiting, and did I mention walking. We were there from Thursday til Sunday. First of all, we met a high school friend of mine(she lives in the Nashville area now) across from Opry Mills Mall and let the children play for a couple of hours while we caught up. I loved getting to see her and her boys. We need to do this every year when we go up for L2L. Then we ate at Macaroni Grill and we loved it. We have never been there before, but will be going again. On Friday, we turned in ME's scrapbook and photo for that part of the competition. We hung out and walked all over the hotel and to the mall again. I know we walked at least 5 probably 10 or more miles every day. We had our Friday night awards and ME won 2nd place in the photo contest. On Saturday, she competed in Bible Bowl and Song Leading. Saturday night we had another award ceremony. During the awards ceremony I look over at Christopher and he has blood pooling in his mouth. I knew what it was so I did not panic. I told Barry to take him and rinse his mouth out while I looked for his tooth. Yes, he lost his first tooth at the awards ceremony and the tooth fairy got to come tha same night as the Easter bunny. ME's scrapbook did not place and she did not place in her songleading, but she did great. I am so proud of her for trying. Christopher did the k-2nd grade division for songleading. He did great as well. All our kiddos did great. We had several 1st and 2nd place winners in songleading and 3 out of 5 of our Bible Bowl teams placed in the top 3. Our youngest Bible Bowl team (the one ME is on) is being checked out since they think there was a mix up at the ceremony and the name was called wrong(the announcer couldn't read it). They think he was supposed to call Adamsville and instead he said Beal which there wasn't a team by that name. So they are checking to see and correct it if they did. If this is right then our youngest Bible bowl team also made it into the top 8. Sunday, we went to the worship service at the hotel. It was great. We then came home, unpacked and headed to Barry's moms house and the kids hunted Easter eggs. Then back to church, out to eat with Pop, and then home to go to bed. A long and busy weekend. It was well worth it and very Uplifting. Cannot wait til next year to do it all over again.
I am soooooo proud of all our young people. You are all winners.
nfhfiwnskjn
8 years ago




No comments:
Post a Comment