Sunday, March 8, 2009

MIssissippi Baby Shower

I had a hard time getting Mary to be able to be checked out early on Friday so we could leave for Mississippi. I had to send a note to the teacher about checking her out. The teacher sent me a note home Wednesday saying the assistant Principal said she could check out unexcused and take 2 math tests and a spelling test on Monday, instead of Friday afternoon, for 1/2 credit. Which means that if she were to make a 100 on all 3 then she would be credited with on a 50 on all 3. Which means she will not have on a in math or a b in Language. Not going to happen. So I sent another detailed note quoting the handbook about the halfcredit business to the teacher and asked her to send it to the principal. I did not receive a note back on Thursday so I called. I asked for the teacher and she said she gave it to the assistant principal, so she tranfered me to her. She told me that she didn't have time to respond and that she has decided to excuse Mary and she could take the test Monday with full credit. I guess those handbooks do come in handy.

So off me and the kiddos went. Barry had to work and try to paint the mustang, so he didn't get to go. We went to my best friend Danaile's house for the night. We had a good time catching up. Then Saturday morning we went to our other friends house to hostess the baby shower for her. It was a long day, but it went well. Other than the several times Mary and Darlene's daughter Shelby getting into arguments. They remind me of me and Darlene when we were young. We couldn't get around each other for long without arguing with one another. SO I guess like mom's like daughter's. Dar lene has a set of twin girls 2 months younger than Mary and now she will be having another girl late March to early April.
After the shower we went to visit some other people who were like family to me when I grew up there. I spent more time at there house than planned. I had planned to get on the road before dark so it would not be too late getting home. Well I left from their house right at dusk. So off I go through the dark. We didn't get home until 10PM and I had to clean stuff up before getting to go to bed. Barry didn't do dishes or clean up after himself or clean out the litter box while I was gone. SO the house stunk. I cleaned the litter box, kicked his dirty wet clothes out of my room for him to clean up. Then he did the dishes. I got in the bed about 12.
It was a great trip just way too short. Next time it will be for several days, maybe this summer.

No comments: