Sunday, May 24, 2009

Awards Day and end of 3rd grade.

Well Mary had her fun day at school on Thursday and I worked the whole time at the 3rd grade booth with a few other moms. We had a great day and Mary enjoyed herself. Friday was awards day for the elementary. Mary received the 30 mile award for running or walking 30 miles this year. Most of the children received only that type of award. This year has been tough for all the 3rd graders. We only had 2 out all the 3rd grade to get A honor roll this year and only about a hand full to get A B honor roll. This shows that the year was tough for all the children. I am glad that Mary did as well as she did. She had A B C's the whole year, happy with no d or f on report card. I hope next year is easier for her and I also hope she gets the teacher she had in Kindergarten for 4th. She can go to school this next week, but it is not necessary, so I will leave it up to her whether she goes or stays home. Also her speech teacher has decided a couple of times this week to catch me at school and try to convince me into going back to school and becoming a teacher. She says I have the natural ability in her opinion and need to do it. I don't know about the natural ability, thinking about it thought.
Friday night we had a few friends over for dinner. We had the Robbins'(5), us(4), and the Strange's(4) over for spagetti. Let me tell you our house was loud and roudy from 6PM til a little after 11PM. We had a great time. The kiddos had a great time, but where wore out when we went to bed. I will be inviting more groups of people over next month for the same thing. We also played Rummikube. It was so much fun. I also have decided sometime soon I am going to get rid of the hubby and kiddos one night and have a girls night at my house and play games and watch movies. Let me know when may be good for you and if you like this idea.

5 comments:

The Strings said...

Sounds great to me!!
Email me the bowling thing again!!

Anonymous said...

Great idea about the girl's night!

Anonymous said...

How fun. Glad yall had a great time!

Jennifer said...

I'm glad y'all had fun. Wish we could have made it. Definitely next time!

Crystal said...

The above "Chuck" comment was actually me. My dad asked me to set him up an account so he could read my blog. Sorry about that!