skip to main |
skip to sidebar
ME and the eye doctor
Today I took Mary for her 6 month checkup for her lazy eye. As most of you know when she was 2 1/2 years old she had to have eye surgery to make the eye stay where it should and not trail out to the side, this was done on her left eye. It was a great success. Now he has been watching her eyes for a couple of years now. He told us today that it has gotten worse and that she also is a little bit near sited. He says her right eye needs to have surgery now. She will be having suregery on the right eye on June 1, 2009. He said he wants to do it before it gets bigger, since the bigger it is the more work it takes to repair it. I told him that I would do what he felt was best and he said we could do it after school was out and she would do great. He said she would have outpatient. Surgery would take about 30 minutes, then 30 minutes recovery and then within an hour she would be on her way home. She would see double that day and maybe the next and have blurry vision for up to 3 days. Her eye would be red on the white part for about 2 weeks and then all should be well. I hope so. I have noticed that she has been pulling the eye into place all the time now. Please keep her in your prayers and that all will go well with the surgery. She is not concerned with the surgery itsself, but with the stitches afterward. She has asked me will they hurt, how do they put them in there, how will they just go away(dissolve) and others like this. Maybe she will not worry about it any further.
6 comments:
Bless her heart! I hate that she's having to go through this so young, but hopefully it'll make her vision much better. We'll definitely be thinking of and praying for her.
Oh, I hate she is having to go through this too. I love Mary so much! She is such a pleasure to have in Sunday morning class. I know God will take care of her and I will keep her in my prayers every day!
God love her. I hate that she has to go through that. We will keep her in our prayers.
I hate that she is having to go through with this. I'm sure she will feel much better when it's all over. All of you will be in my prayers.
Bless her little heart! Hopefully it will all be better soon. We will keep her in our prayers.
Let me know if I can do anything to help you out. She will be our prayers.
Post a Comment