Yesterday afternoon about 3PM my best friend from Mississippi, whom I have been best friends with since 6th grade, and her family came to spend the night. I met them at David's Pharmacy to show them how to get to my house. This is the first time she has been to our home in Corner. The last time she came was when we lived in Forestdale and she came to see Mary E after she was born. Yes it has been a long time. I have gone out to see her several times over the years. I have lots of friends and almost family out there since that is where I grew up til I was 16. Well she, her husband Chris, son Caleb(16 days older than Christpher) and daughter Ashley(almost 4) came and spent the night. We went back to Wal-Mart to buy something for supper and we ran into several of my friends here and from church. So she got to meet Lauren, Laura and Charli, and she saw a few others from church. We went home and fixed grilled sandwiches and chips, yeah really nutritious. Then the kiddos watched a movie/played outside and inside. I don't think they actually watched anything. We watched "Twilight"since she has never seen it or read the book. She kept saying that is a good movie. I treid to convince her she needed to read the book, but she said she doesn't read much and if she starts a book she ends up not finishing it. We all finally got the kiddos in bed around 9:30 or so and we followed about 10:30 or so. We got up early and they left a little before 9 this morning heading for Orange Beach. I want to go. We had a good visit. It was too short, but we will get together for longer sometime later.
We did not get to go to the devo last night at Nick and Jennifer's, but I really wanted to. Sorry Jen. Hope you had a good turnout and a great time. Also we didn't get to go to the Sunshine Girls Father's Day project today. Didn't have time to get ready and get there after Danaile and her family left. Mary will help pass the things out tomorrow at church though. Hope all have a wonderful day and a great Father's Day weekend.
nfhfiwnskjn
8 years ago




3 comments:
It is always good to see your closest friends. Glad you had a good visit. See you tomorrow.
We had a good turn out, but we really missed y'all! One of these days we WILL get together. It might take an act of Congress, but it will happen. :)
Glad you got to visit with your friends. Sounds like yall had a great time!
Post a Comment