Sunday, September 14, 2008

Christopher is 5!!!!






Well Christopher's 5th birthday was this past Friday. I took cookies to his k4 class and of course took pictures. After school we went to walmart and he picked out his gift from Aunt Nelie, it was a little car crusher set with 5 cars. He loves it. We had pizza for his birthday dinner and he opened our presents. He got a spiderman computer, an. Auburn outfit, walkie talkies, spiderman plate cup and bowl set, and some other small things. He had a ball.

Saturday we had his party. He got several things from his other friends and family. Thank you everyone for coming and for his gifts. I made the cake and it was an ordeal. I started it Friday night. When I made the icing, it tasted really bad so I threw it away and sent Barry to walmart at 9 PM to get me more crisco and powdered sugar. We had a little miss communication and he brought back one pound of powdered sugar and I needed 2 pounds so I had to wait til Saturday morning to get the other sugar. So he went back to walmart early Saturday morning to get the powdered sugar. Then I made and decorated the cake. It was spiderman. So I drew a spiderweb and put spiderman on the web. Well the web was blue with red lines throught, but at first the red looked hot pink. On a boys cake. Not good. But by the time of the party the hot pink turned red and was fine. Everyone liked the cake. It was strawberry with the iciing homemade. Alot of work but well worth it.

At the party, while opening gifts, Christopher and Peyton were sitting together. The last gift he opened was a card from Pop. Pop put 2 $20 bills in it. Christopher has one in each hand and is talking to Peyton. He hands Peyton one and tells her "now you can go shopping". SHe takes the $20 and runs through the house. This was the cutest, funniest kid thing I have seen in awhile. Yes, she gave it back, eventhought he gave it to her, with her moms encouragement. Then they all went outside and played. They had a great time.

I hope all has a great week.

2 comments:

Randal, Belinda and Caylee-Grace said...

Happy Belated b'day to Christopher. Sounds like it was a grand b'day. That is just too cute about him and Peyton. Glad the cake finally turned out alright. Man they grow up so fast. I don't want my Caylee Grace to every grow up.

Kim said...

Hailey had a great time. Thanks for inviting us!