Thursday, September 11, 2008

WOW what a week!!

I have an eventful week. It started out Sunday afternoon as being a hostess for a friends Baby Shower at church. Belinda really deserved the wonderful shower she received for Baby Caylee Grace Elise Chappell. She had a great turnout and some many gifts that we told her she may have to rent a storage building for all the nice things. As I said I was one of the hostesses and we gave her a pack and play and I also gave her a handmade blue camoflauge baby blanket that says "Future Hunter Caylee Grace" on it with a bib to match. She seemed to really love it. I hope she uses it when the weather changes after Caylee Grace gets here. I am so excited for her.

Then on Wednesday, I subed for the first time. I subed at Corner for Ms. Dement, the speech and language therapist. I enjoyed it when I had some children to work with. There was a couple of times that I had an hour or more to kill between children, but overall I enjoyed it and hope that I can do it for her again sometime. I also hope that I can sub for other teachers as well, soon I hope.

Today, Kim and I went for a wonderful walk after we dropped the children, except for Blake, off at school. We went across the street and they were getting ready to repave the track, so we had to go down the hill and walk on the flat, straight track. We walked for an hour and 20 minutes or so. I had a good time walking and talking with her. Thanks Kim for coming. I like to have someone to talk to while I am walking.

I also cannot beleive my baby boy will be 5 years old as of 10:11 AM tomorrow, September 12, 2008. I cannot beleive he is growing up so fast. I am taking some cookies to his school for their snack tomorrow to celebrate his birthday. Then I plan on getting Hailey and Kim and maybe Peyton to meet us at the park after school for a little birthday picnic and play time. I am going to get them a pizza and let them pig out and play. Then tomorrow night we will give him our gifts and take him out to eat, wherever he chooses, probably Chicken Donald's as my children call it. Mary has called it that since she could talk, because she only gets chicken there, so the name Chicken Donalds, sometimes she will now get a cheeseburger but mostly chicken. I don't know why the chicken nuggets are gross to me. Then on Saturday we will be having his party.

I guess I will update after the party.

4 comments:

The Strings said...

Oh the horror! NOT the hill! Warn her about Drill Sargent Christy!!!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you did have a busy week missy. I am so proud of you for subbing!!!!! I know the kids love you. Maybe one day I can come walking with yall!!!

Crystal said...

WOW! Happy 5th birthday to Christopher. I can't believe he's already one hand old.

Randal, Belinda and Caylee-Grace said...

Sounds like you had a busy week. Thanks so much for hosting the shower and for the pack and play and espcially for the camo blanket. I love it and can't wait for Caylee Grace to wrap up in it. I'm still overwhelmed with my shower. I think after this weekend when I try to get all the thank you notes out I might have to have hand surgery (just kidding but seriously I may be carpul tunnel syndrome)