Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Walking and Twilight

Well after helping get the children out of the cars an to class at Christopher's school this morning I went across the street to Dora park for my daily walk. A friend was there and had only completed one lap, so I join her. We walk two mile with a non-stop conversation about Twilight the movie verses the book. Our dislikes and our likes, what we would have done differently and who we would have played Bella and what not. It was so fun and the time slipped by very quickly. Then another friend, whom we just found out is pregnant with 2nd child, joined us. We did 3 miles before we had to go. When the other friendjoined us we go on a discussion about Christmas gifts from husbands. They were so funny. ne was saying he gave her cookware and it did not settle good with her. She said that she mentioned that she was going to get them some new cookware and he took it as she was asking for it for Christmas. She said it was not a hint for present, that is something you just go get when you need it. I tend to agree. The other said she got cowboy boots, because he said she said she liked her sons boots, and he thought oh I get her some. She took them back and got her a pair of boots she actually liked. How fnny are some husbands. I got a mp3 player, but I picked it out on the day after Thanksgiving and he paid me back for it. So I guess some husbands just can't figure out what to get on their own. After 13 years of marriage I have just given Barry a few ideas and let him get them. No surprises for me, unless someone out there can give him some ideas next year that may surprise me...

2 comments:

Kim said...

That is so funny! I hate I skipped out on you that day but I had to get home to the baby and let Brad get in the bed. I hope we are able to get together this next week. I will really need some encouragement to get around that track!

Anonymous said...

Girl I loved that movie and I am just now getting into the book. Kim has completely got me hooked!