Thursday, September 25, 2008

Christopher's 5 year checkup and more

Well I took Christopher for his 5 year old check-up this past Tuesday. I didn't take him to school since I would just have to check him out early and drive all the way back to St. Vincent's for the appointment. W got ready and left early. I stopped by the Christian Book Store in Fultondale to get Mary Elizabeth a new Bible for her birthday which is in less than 3 weeks. I found her a cute purple princess NKJV Bible. It is a shiny purple. Purple is her favorite color and NKJV is what they are using in Bible bowl this year. She will love it. I aso stopped at the Hallmark store to get her 9 year old Grow Up Girl doll. After the Bible Book Store we went on to St. Vincent's.

Well Christopher wanted to wear his Wall-E shirt, so he did. The thing about that is his doctors name is Dr. Walley. Well we get there and he has to pee in a cup, and he does not want to. He gets a few drops for the sample. Then he has to be weighed and measured. He weighs 45 lbs and he is 3 1/2 feet tall. When Dr. Walley came in he saw his shirt and said that it was the perfect shirt for the visit and laughed. He checked him out and told me that by the growth chart that Christopher may end up being in the upper 5' to lower 6' range. He said he is above average in his height and 75% for weight. He said overall he is in great shape. I thought the height would be funny since I am barely 5'3" and Barry is 5' 6" or 5' 7". I hope Christopher does get that tall. Dr. Walley also said that it also depends on how puberty treats him as to how tall he will be. We will see since we have a little more time on that. He had t get 4 shots in his thighs and the flu vaccine up his nose. Then we went to Guthries since he said that sprite and chicken would make his legs feel better.

Today, I got a call from the Comedy Club saying that they did their birthday drawing and I won 12 free tickets for next Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday night. I guess getting older had another positive. I am not one of those who hates to get older. My thoughts are each year older just means I am here another year to love and spread God's Word and spend more time with family and friends. None of the ages have hit me wrong. I am glad to be getting older. As f next Thursday the 2nd I will be 34 and proud of it.

Hope all has a great week.

2 comments:

Kim said...

Christy, I am so glad that his check up went well! And the tickets are awesome! Happy Early Birthday!

Teale said...

We are using Dr. Walley too... he is great!